Into the woods we go...

November 15, 2011

Bailey really couldn't care less about the beautiful autumn colors
- she was just antsy to run around and sniff things

In an attempt to catch some of the amazing autumn colors before they literally all fall away - and to walk off a bit of the amazing food we've been indulging in - we've been heading into the surrounding forests for frequent walks/hikes (which depends entirely on the incline and subsequent soreness). I'm not sure why it has taken us so long to get out into the wilderness that is literally a 15-minute walk from our doorstep, but I'm so glad we've started to make a habit of it. 

These are a few shots from weekend before last where we drove far into the countryside, until the colors got so beautiful we had to stop. Germans are such fanatics for walking and hiking, I can't believe I was surprised at how easy it was to find a spot to park the car and a path to start on, from seemingly the middle of nowhere. I had always wondered about the people I'd seen trekking out in the middle of fields from my lazy perch in the passenger seat of our car as we drove by - and now we were those people! 

So glad that almost two years into our expat life, we're still discovering new things all the time...











*Daily Drop Cap by Jessica Hische